What is Microblading?
“Sweating off or smudging away is a thing of the past.”
Microblading, also advertised as 3D brows, eyebrow embroidery, feather stroke brows or micropigmentation, is the process of manually depositing color pigment beneath the first layer of the skin (the epidermis), using a very fine sterile hand tool. Through individual strokes by a small, sterile, disposable blade we produce the appearance of hair strokes. Unlike traditional cosmetic tattooing which is done by a machine, Microblading, being a manual technique, allows great precision and creates depth, resulting in a natural three dimensional effect which resembles natural eyebrow hairs. This detailed method allows the Microblading technician to create very fine strokes within your natural brow, these strokes are made to resemble your very own natural eyebrow hairs.
Microblading can help make asymmetric brows match, enhance or thicken the shape of natural brows if they are scarce, or it can create brows when there is very little or no natural brow to begin with due to conditions like alopecia or as a result of chemo therapy. The goal of Microblading is to help create the ideal brows for your face, and eliminate the need to draw in and re-apply cosmetics to shape your eyebrows thought the day.
Why choose Microblading?
Are you filling those spots where your eyebrows are sparse, re-applying brow pencil several times throughout the day? One brow on-point, and the other, not so much? After Microblading you will wake up with effortlessly perfect brows – through out your work day, during the spinning class, and after a fun girls night out – your brows will remain perfect!
Permanent make up, when done by an expert, will have you look more vibrant and naturally beautiful. Busy moms, fierce business women and yoga girls – you can all save precious time by not applying and re-applying make up, but looking your best at any hour of the day! Imagine finishing a hot yoga class knowing that your eyebrows have Not melted or smudged away!
Shaping your new Brows
Before your Microblading procedure we will do an in-depth assessment, followed by shaping, and finally a discussion about color. It is recommended that we stay as close to your natural brow color as possible, but if you always dye your hair in a specific color and normally tint your brows to match, we will take that in consideration. During your consultation we will measure out the ideal shape, length and fullness of your new brows, to best match your face and bone structure. If you are trying to achieve a specific look, such as “bushy” or “bold brows”, we will of course accommodate that. We want you to have the brows you’ve always wanted! We offer complimentary and no-obligation consultations – call now to schedule.
What’s the difference between Microblading and regular tattooing?
First, traditional body tattooing use electric tools and the needle will penetrate both the first and second layer of your skin (epidermis and dermis) when depositing ink. A Microblading procedures involves pigments deposited by a manual hand tool, drawing very precise and fine lines, and only penetrating the first layer of your skin (epidermis). Therefore, Microblading results are much more subtle than traditional tattooing, giving you a natural looking enhancement while also creating depth through a 3D illusion.
How long does it last?
Microblading is a semi-permanent method. Meaning, the results will last anywhere between 10-18 months depending on how well you take care of your news brows during the healing period, and also depending on your skin type and how well it retains the pigment. When the Microblading effect starts to fade (very slow and gradual process) you can always come back for an additional touch up.
Does it hurt?
Everyone’s pain tolerance is different. We usually tell our clients that the actual ink deposit feels like a paper cut – some feel it and some aren’t much bothered. You can rest assured however that we do have topical anesthetics/numbing creams that we apply before the procedure for your comfort. You also have the option of taking two over the counter Tylenol tablets prior to arriving for your appointment to reduce discomfort.
How should I time my procedure?
We advise new clients to book their Microblading appointments 1 month in advance of vacations, weddings, and other special occasions (remember, there’s also a Touch up appointment). This allows adequate time for healing of both your initial Microblading procedure as well as the Touch-Up appointment.
Can anyone have Microblading done?
Yes! There are no esthetical requirements for your brows to look in a specific way before the treatment – we are here to help make them look perfect regardless of how sparse or pale they are! Some high risk patients who have severe and chronic medical issues (cancer, autoimmune disorders etc.) are deferred from having this procedure done (please contact us directly if you have specific health concerns or medical conditions). Our client forms will cover all the necessary information regarding this question. If you still want microblading done please consult with your doctor and get back to us with a written clearance consent.
However, people with certain medical conditions are strongly advised not to proceed with microblading
Permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any clients who are/have:
- Pregnant or Nursing – (after breastfeeding I recommend to wait for 2 months until hormones persist)
- Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine)
- Had Botox in the past 3 weeks
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Tendency towards severe keloids
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- people with immunodeficiency and blood borne diseases
- Conjunctivitis, respiratory tract diseases, various viruses, infectious diseases, rhinitis
- Persons under active cancer treatment – only accepted with Oncology doctor’s consent
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- antibiotics use
- clients with blood clotting disorders or other blood diseases can not undergo PMU
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, viral infection outbreak etc.)
- Extremely Oily or Problematic Skin. We accept, after client has consulted with a Doctor incases of:• allergies, diabetes, very high blood pressure, atopic eczema, skin diseases, anti-depressant drugs, cardio-vascular problems
- Early Bird Special $690 (Org. $850)
- Microblading creates hair strokes to give a more realistic natural hair brows look.
- Ombre creates a soft, powder-filled brow similar to the look of makeup.
- A $100 Non-Refundable Deposit is required.
- 3-hour session.
- It lasts up to 2- 3 years
- Early Bird Special $790 (Org. $950)
- Micro-shading: Combination of Ombre shading and microblading hair strokes at the front to give a more realistic appearance.
- A $100 Non-Refundable Deposit is required.
- 3 hours session.
- It lasts up to 2 -3 years